17 drop-off locations are available for city residents.
With Christmas behind us, it's time to recycle those Christmas trees! The City of San Diego has 17 tree recycling drop-off locations available for city residents.
Drop off locations and additional information is below.
- Carmel Valley - Carmel Valley Recreation Center, 3777 Townsgate Drive (lower parking lot)
- Encanto - Cielo Drive at Woodman Street
- Golden Hill - Golden Hill Recreation Center, 2600 Golf Course Drive
- Pacific Beach - Kate Sessions Memorial Park, corner of Mount Soledad Road and Loring Street
- Logan Heights - Memorial Recreation Center, 2902 Marcy Ave.
- Miramar - Miramar Greenery Recycling at Miramar Landfill, 5180 Convoy St. (accepts trees throughout the year)
- Mission Bay - SeaWorld Drive at Pacific Highway
- Mountain View - Ocean View Boulevard at 40th Street (north side)
- Oak Park - Chollas Lake, 6350 College Grove Drive (Gloria Mesa parking lot)
- Ocean Beach - Robb Field Recreation Center, 2525 Bacon St.
- Otay Mesa/Nestor - Montgomery Waller Community Park (lower parking lot, southeast corner of Palm Avenue and Beyer Boulevard)
- Rancho Bernardo - Rancho Bernardo Recreation Center, 18448 West Bernardo Drive
- Rancho Penasquitos - Canyonside Recreation Center, 12350 Black Mountain Road
- San Diego State University - Parking lot 17 off Alvarado Road
- Scripps Ranch - Scripps Ranch Recreation Center, 11454 Blue Cypress Drive
- Tierrasanta - Tierrasanta Community Park, 11220 Clairemont Mesa Blvd. (pool parking lot)
- University City - Standley Community Park (parking lot), 3585 Governor Drive
What kinds of trees are accepted for recycling?
Both green and flocked trees (fake snow) are accepted. All tree stands, bags, netting, lights, ornaments, tinsel and other tree decorations must be removed. No artificial trees accepted. Please do not illegally dump any other items at the drop-off locations.
Where else can I recycle a Christmas tree?
- Visit wastefreesd.org to find locations throughout San Diego county
- Curbside collection (For residents with yard waste collection only)
- Manual container customers using their own bins should place trees on the curb for collection on your regular greenery recycling pickup day. Trees over four feet in length should be cut in half.
- Automated container customers using the large, green 96-gallon bin provided by the city should cut their trees to fit into the automated container for pickup on collection day.