Check this off your bucket list of operas to see.
It's time to get out to San Diego Opera, and "Carmen" is one performance you don't want to miss.
The classic tale of love and betrayal is by far one of the most important musical experiences to check off your bucket list and on April 5, San Diego Opera is hosting OUT at the Opera, a special Pride night which will showcase this dazzling and passionate masterpiece while celebrating community, inclusivity, and supporting a great cause – San Diego Pride!
The night will include a special pre-opera reception with light bites by Al Teatro, beer by Modern Times, and wine by Barefoot Winery.
Attendees can commemorate the occasion with a Pride-inspired Step & Repeat, and listen to San Diego Opera’s own General Director, David Bennett who will speak at the event.
Then find your seat and get ready to enjoy a night of music that spans almost a century and a half with "Carmen." Get your tickets HERE.
Carmen is one fiery gypsy woman…a femme fatale who lives life on her own provocative terms. The next notch on her belt is the naïve soldier Don Jose who is bewitched by her passion and gives up everything to be with her, including his sweetheart Micaela. In her true heartless fashion, Carmen becomes bored and callously drops her young lover when her path collides with the macho bullfighting Escamillo. Obsessed and alone, will Don Jose’s jealousy ignite an emotional bonfire that destroys them all.
- $145: Orchestra - includes pre-opera reception and discounted opera ticket ($25 of the ticket price will be donated to San Diego Pride)
- $174: Upper Loge - includes pre-opera reception and discounted opera ticket ($25 of the ticket price will be donated to San Diego Pride)
- $193: Lower Loge - includes pre-opera reception and discounted opera ticket ($25 of the ticket price will be donated to San Diego Pride)
- $10.00 handling fee waived on all transactions.
- Personalized service. Please contact Vanessa Dinning at Vanessa.Dinning@sdopera.org if you need any assistance.
OUT at the Opera is on Friday, April 5, Pre-opera Reception at 6 pm; Performance at 7 pm at the San Diego Civic Theatre,
the San Diego Civic Theatre is located at 3rd Avenue and B Street, Downtown San Diego.