SAN DIEGO -- San Diego LGBT Pride’s volunteers, board of directors and staff say they are hard at work preparing for this year’s 40th anniversary Pride celebration and are looking forward to community participation in this year’s festivities scheduled for July 18-20.
Applications for entertainers, sponsors, parade contingents, program guide advertisers, and festival exhibitors are now available online at sdpride.org.
The annual Pride weekend festivities, which include the Spirit of Stonewall Rally, the Pride of Hillcrest Block Party, the Pride Parade, and the two-day Pride Festival, are a result of the many people, groups, sponsors, artists, and partners who support this community celebration. Those who are planning to participate in this year’s 40th anniversary Pride celebration, with the theme “Reflections of Pride,” are encouraged to submit applications early. Additional information about the various ways to participate is below.
• Entertainers: Artists who perform on one of the many stages that are available throughout the weekend help entertain Pride-goers and in turn, help the organization raise money to give back to the community. All sorts of entertainers are being sought for this year’s event. Applications should be submitted by March 23. Visit sdpride.org and click “Entertain with Pride.”
• Sponsors: With the support of sponsors, San Diego Pride is able to create an even better experience for the community while freeing up resources that can be given back to the community. Visit sdpride.org and click “Sponsor with Pride” for a sponsor packet.
• Parade Contingents: San Diego Pride brings color and flair to the streets of Hillcrest during the city’s largest single-day civic event, the San Diego Pride Parade. Hundreds of thousands of cheering spectators line the streets to watch contingents of community groups, businesses, educators, elected officials, and others parade by. To register a contingent, visit sdpride.org and click “Parade with Pride.”
• Advertisers: The San Diego Pride program guide distributes 20,000 copies, sharing Pride weekend information with locals and visitors alike. The guide is distributed throughout California, as well as in Las Vegas and Phoenix, and is a great way to promote a business to the LGBT community. To advertise, visit sdpride.org and click “Advertise with Pride.”
• Exhibitors: A variety of local and national organizations and businesses participate in the festival through an exhibitor booth. Those who wish to get the highest visibility spots are encouraged to get their applications in early. Visit sdpride.org and click “Exhibit with Pride.”
“Pride is the biggest weekend of the year to champion, celebrate, and support our community, and we are grateful to all of the people and organizations who participate and make it happen,” said Stephen Whitburn, Pride General Manager. “This 40th Anniversary Pride will be our biggest ever, so we're asking everyone to sign up early this year."
Additional information about San Diego Pride can be found HERE or by calling 619-297-7683.
About San Diego Pride
Founded in 1974, San Diego LGBT Pride is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is: Fostering pride in, and respect for, all lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities, locally, nationally, and globally. Click HERE for more information.