SAN DIEGO -- San Diego Pride has announced several new additions to this year’s two-day Pride Festival, to be held July 13 and 14 in the Marston Point section of Balboa Park.
Organizers say longtime festival-goers and first-time attendees alike will be pleased with the additions and changes, which include more stages and entertainment areas, new spaces to hang out and relax, and other fun areas.
Among the new features:
- The Rainbow Beverage Lounge, complete with comfortable outdoor furniture, will be a place to relax while enjoying a refreshing beverage and people-watching.
- A new beer garden will be located near the AT&T Main Stage so that attendees can enjoy adult beverages while watching the entertainment headliners.
- A huge new Food Court will provide many more delicious dining options.
- The Comedy Q & Cabaret stage at the Barefoot Wine & Bubbly Wine Grotto, will feature live performances by local comedians which attendees can enjoy while sipping on California, Oregon, and Washington state wines.
- The Flicks “Live From Balboa” Acoustic Stage will feature local Hillcrest artists in a relaxed setting.
- Mo’s Playground will be the place for thrill seekers to jump on rides and play carnival games.
- A new Arcade Alley will test your gaming skill.
- The Sony Electric Lounge will feature an EDM experience for dance music lovers.
- Increased free shuttle and parking services will be provided by ParkHillcrest this year. The routes will be expanded and have longer hours to shuttle Pride attendees between the parade, festival, parking lots and Hillcrest.
San Diego Pride will take place July 12-14. Additional information about San Diego Pride events is available online.