LONDON -- The 2012 Global LGBT Workplace Summit, taking place July 5-6 in London, will bring together hundreds of executives from around the world who will share best practices for building greater equality in the workplace for LGBT people and allies.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates, based in San Francisco, Calif., has gathered partner organisations from Italy, Denmark, India, Canada and England to create a conference where corporate executives, LGBT employees, human resources professionals, and diversity and inclusion staff can share practical and engaging ideas that transform workplaces.
IBM is the presenting sponsor for the conference, and Harry van Dorenmalen, chairman of IBM Europe, will open the conference on Thursday, July5.
The Global LGBT Summit is also sponsored by: Accenture, British Airways, Citi, Eli Lilly and Company, The Walt Disney Co., Deutsche Bank, Ernst & Young, Microscoft, Hewlett-Packard, The Advocate, GayStarNews and Carnival Corp.
Partner organizations include Equal India Alliance, Kaleidoscope International Diversity Trust of the UK, PARKS of Italy, Pride at Work Canada, Q Factor of Denmark and Bailey Balfour Consulting of the UK.
The Global LGBT Workplace Summit will feature dozens of workshops, multiple opportunities for learning and networking and a gala dinner. Dynamic speakers and panelists include:
• John Amaechi / Organizational consultant, executive coach and former NBA basketball star
• Michael Cashman / MEP / Chair of the UK Labour Party's National Executive Committee
• Judy Dlugacz / CEO, Olivia Travel
• Martina Navratilova / Athlete, author, activist Jane Hill / BBC correspondent
• John License / VP Sales & Marketing, Marriott International
• Vladi Luxuria / Former MP, Italy
• Anna Grodzka / Polish Parliament
On Saturday, July 7, summit attendees and guests will be joining Out & Equal's walking group in the World Pride Parade in London. The contingent will be in the blue section of the parade.
Registration for this event ends June 20. Detailed information about the Global LGBT Workplace Summit can be found HERE.