Homosexuality is illegal in Malaysia.
An article published in Malaysian newspaper Sinar Harian hopes to give readers the resources to identify gay people by giving them pointers on what to look for.
According to Queerty, the paper says you can tell a man is gay because he likes:
- Going to the gym not for exercise but to check out other guys
- Wearing tight t-shirts to show off their six-packs
- Their love of beards
Women can also be identified as lesbians if they are:
- Hugging or kissing other women
- Holding hands with other women
- Talking about how much they hate men
Malaysia social media personality and activist Arwind Kumar posted a video in which he calls the whole thing ridiculous.
“How the hell does a gay person endanger your life?” he said. “There are much more important issues in this country which need to be addressed.”
If you are arrested for being homosexual in Malaysia you could face up to 20 years in prison.