Several high profile companies are distraught at Trump's recent rash of edicts.
The Starbucks franchise is coming under fire from reactionaries who are threatening to boycott the coffee giant after its CEO vows to hire 10,000 refugees over the next five years.
The recent executive orders handed down by newly-elected Donald Trump, including one which severely limits immigrants from seven countries has brought about a flurry of criticisms from US companies including the CEO of Starbucks Howard Schultz.
On Sunday Schultz sent a letter to employees saying the company would start hiring people who have worked with the American military as interpreters around the world, adding that he would protect staff affected by Trump’s immigration ban.
“I am hearing the alarm you are all sounding that the civility and human rights we have all taken for granted for so long are under attack,” Schultz wrote.
His letter also states the company will continue to endorse the “Dreamers” program which helps immigrants who have come to the US as children.
This was not good news to Trump’s supporters who immediately began resurrecting the #BoycottStarbucks campaign on social media.
As the dust settles from the boom of marginalizing executive orders aimed at immigrants last week, other high-level CEOs are voicing their opinions over the bans.
Indian immigrant and Google CEO Sundar Pichai said Trump’s decrees are “painful.”
Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein also weighed in on the issues saying it is, "not a policy we support.”
Head of Apple Tim Cook and rival tech company Microsoft have also voiced opposition to the ban.
Microsoft is offering free legal advice to employees affected by the policies.
Even the CEO of Trump’s favorite social media outlet, Twitter, Jack Dorsey says the president's edicts have a “humanitarian and economic impact” and are “real and upsetting.”