As a series of storms head into the area, residents can protect themselves from flooding with sandbags.
As San Diego prepares for a series of storms to pass through the area, many residents are concerned about flooding either at their homes or businesses.
Sandbags will not be given out at San Diego Fire Department or Lifeguard stations.
However, there are many locations throughout the county that provide sandbags according to ABC 7 News. People are encouraged to call ahead to ensure the location have them available and bring their own shovels.
There is a 10-bag limit per household and each person must show proof of residency. Sandbags are not guaranteed.
- Council District 1: Standley Recreation Center (3585 Governor Dr., 92122)
- Council District 2: Robb Athletic Field (2525 Bacon St., 92107)
- Council District 3: Golden Hill Recreation Center (2600 Golf Course Dr., 92102)
- Council District 4: Martin Luther King, Jr. Recreation Center (6401 Skyline Dr., 92114)
- Council District 5: Scripps Ranch Recreation Center (11454 Blue Cypress Dr., 92131)
- Council District 6: North Clairemont Recreation Center (4421 Bannock Ave., 92117)
- Council District 7: Allied Gardens Recreation Center (5155 Greenbrier Ave., 92120)
- Council District 8: San Ysidro Community Activity Center (179 Diza Rd., 92173)
- Council District 9: City Heights Recreation Center (4380 Landis St., 92105)
Forecasters are predicting six days of rain as three storms head through the county from the western Pacific.
Sandbags can also be found outside the immediate area:
- Public Works Yard (1800 Maxwell Rd., Chula Vista, 91911)
- Fire Station 4 (850 Paseo Ranchero, Chula Vista, 91910)
- Fire Station 5 (391 Oxford St., Chula Vista, 91911)
- Alpine Fire Protection District, Station 17 (1364 Tavern Rd,. Alpine) (Bags only)
- Bonita/Sunnyside Fire Protection District (4900 Bonita Rd.)
- Boulevard Fire Department (40080 Ribbonwood Rd.)
- CAL FIRE Station 30: (17304 Highway 94, Dulzura)
- North County Fire Protection District, Station 4: (4375 Pala Mesa Dr., Fallbrook)
- CAL FIRE Station 50: (1587 Highway 78, Julian)
- CAL FIRE Station 70: (16971 Highway 76, Pauma Valley-Rincon)
- CAL FIRE Ramona Fire Station: (3410 Dye Rd., Ramona)
- Valley Center Fire Protection District Station 2 (28205 North Lake Wohlford Rd.)