As nutrition science has evolved, it has become clearer that high quality butter (organic, from grass-fed cows) in moderation, is a healthier choice over chemically processed margarine.
A second insight that is beginning to make its way into western culture, is the use of ghee or clarified butter.
Clarified butter has been used in Indian cooking for centuries and boasts many benefits for health.
Especially when it is cooler outdoors, clarified butter can also provide grounding and sustenance from the inside out.
1. High smoke point, making it ideal for higher heat cooking.
2. As opposed to butter, ghee is lactose-free as the milk solids and water are strained out. This gives it a long shelf-life and it can support those who have a hard time digesting dairy.
3. Supports the digestive process and provides essential nutrients for skin health.
4. Contains CLA or conjugated linolenic acid, which helps with weight loss and slows down particular types of cancer.
5. Contains high quality saturated fat the body needs in moderation.
Explore using clarified butter to sauté onions for a soup, spread it on a piece of toast with honey and cinnamon, or use it over steamed veggies with a little sea salt.
Watch how clarified butter is made by clicking HERE.
More about Danny Arguetty, M.A.
Danny Arguetty, M.A., a Nutrition, Health and LIFE (Living in Free Expression) Counselor, has been involved in the health field for the last decade. He guides and works privately with clients utilizing customized programs based on bio-individual needs and diverse life situations.
He specializes in yoga privates, weight loss, digestive disorders, healthy aging, sugar/caffeine dependencies, persistent fatigue, chronic stress, relationship support, life coaching and practical healthy living strategies.
Arguetty is also a faculty member at Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, Adjunct Faculty at Williams College, and author of Nourishing the Teacher: inquiries, contemplations & insights on the path of yoga. He leads 200hr Yoga Teacher Trainings in Southern California and Advanced 500hr Trainings in Kerala, India.