NEW YORK -- Logo today announced the nominees for the 2012 "NewNowNext Awards."
Now in its fifth year, this always unpredictable telecast continues to go beyond where traditional award shows dare to go as it showcases who and what are on the verge of a pop culture explosion in 2012.
The "NewNowNext Awards" will gather icons, trendsetters as well as stars-on-the-rise to uncover what's hot in TV, music, film and fashion long before they hit the mainstream.
Starting today, Feb. 27, the public is invited to visit NewNowNext.com or m.newnownext.com/awards to view the entire list of nominees and cast their votes across a wide range of outrageous categories including "Cause You're Hot," "Beyond Style," and "TV You Betta Watch."
Additionally, users can vote for the NewNowNext Awards nominees on Twitter by including the nominee name and the hashtag #NNNAwards in their tweet.
Nominees for the "NewNowNext Awards" were chosen by the "NewNowNext Academy" – a mix of tastemakers from various creative industries across the country.
Winners will be revealed Monday, April 9, at 10 pm, on Logo's "NewNowNext Awards" 2012 show. The 90-minute special will be taped in front of a live audience of today's hottest emerging and seasoned artists at the Avalon in Hollywood, Calif., on April 5. Performers, presenters and special guests will be announced in the coming weeks.
Logo's "NewNowNext Awards" have earned a reputation for breaking new ground in pop culture. Lady Gaga gave her first televised performance at the show, Rooney Mara was a nominee well before an Oscar Nominee, Wendy Williams was handed "Guiltiest Pleasure" before she was handed her own talk show, and the cast of Bridesmaids made their first televised appearance together at the 2011 show.
The "NewNowNext Awards" builds on Logo's acclaimed NewNowNext franchise, which includes Logo-owned pop culture and lifestyle blog NewNowNext.com and on-air music video show "NewNowNext." On air, "NewNowNext" is the home of indie pop artists you need to hear, as well as style, travel and entertainment segments from companion website.
Nominees for the 5th annual "NewNowNext Awards" 2012
- Lizzy Caplan ("New Girl," FOX)
- Josh Hutcherson (The Hunger Games)
- Michael B. Jordan ("Parenthood," NBC)
- Elizabeth Olsen (Kill Your Darlings)
- Emily VanCamp ("Revenge," ABC)
- Azealia Banks (Interscope Records)
- Childish Gambino (Glassnote Records)
- FUN. (Atlantic Records)
- Jessie J (Universal Republic Records)
- Neon Hitch (Warner Bros. Records)
- Rebecca Ferguson (Columbia Records)
- Abby Lee Miller ("Dance Moms," Lifetime)
- Andy Cohen ("Watch What Happens Live," Bravo
- Big Ang ("Mob Wives," VH1)
- Evelyn ("Basketball Wives," VH1)
- Nadia G. ("Bitchin' Kitchen," Cooking Channel)
- Willam (RuPaul's Drag Race, Logo)
- Channing Tatum (Magic Mike, WB)
- Henry Cavill ("The Tudors," Showtime)
- Jessica Lange ("American Horror Story," FX)
- Naya Rivera ("Glee," Fox)
- Novak Djokovic (tennis player)
- Paula Patton (MI4, Paramount)
- Andrej Pejic (model)
- China Chow ("Work of Art," Bravo)
- Jeremy Scott (designer)
- Kelly Osbourne
- Sean Avery (writer)
- "Absolutely Fabulous" Revival (BBC/Logo)
- "Revenge" (ABC)
- Magic Mike (WB)
- Moonrise Kingdom (Univ)
- Prometheus (Fox)
- Snow White & The Huntsman (Univ)
- Ted (Univ)
- The Avengers (Par)
- "Game of Thrones" (HBO)
- "GCB" (ABC)
- "Homeland" (Showtime)
- "Portlandia" (IFC)
- "Savage U" (MTV)
- "Shameless" (Showtime)
The "NewNowNext Awards" are Executive Produced by Christopher Willey and Brent Zacky for Logo. Michael Dempsey of Dempsey Productions serves as Executive Producer and Director.
For more information on the "NewNowNext Awards" and to vote for the nominees visit NewNowNext.com. For up-to-date "NewNowNext Awards" news and exclusives, join the NewNowNext Facebook page or follow the site on Twitter at
@NewNowNext and #NNNAwards.