Admission is $5 and all monies go to Occupy San Diego. Doors open at 7:30 pm Wednesday, Dec. 14.
Liquid Blue has performed in 115 countries, laying claim to a world record. The band will perform its recent hit single, "Earth Passport," a song about world peace that is sung in nine languages. Liquid Blue also promises protest songs by Dylan, Springsteen, Lennon and others.
The opening act is Joshua Napier, who is openly gay.
Other musical acts will include Todo Mundo, The Rootstrikers, Emily Richards and The Proles. Spoken word performances are planned by Gill Sotu, Viet Mai and Ted Washington. Featured speakers include Raymond Lutz, Martin Eder and John Kenney.
Occu-Party Concert Series
Liquid Blue intends to present an ongoing monthly concert series to benefit the OSD movement. These events will be held at various local venues and are intended to raise money to keep the movement financially stable. The goals of the OSD Concert series are:
1. To provide funding for OSD and its activities
2. To provide those who cannot "occupy" on a regular basis, a way to contribute to the cause and be part of it.
3. To provide information on the Occupy movement to the attendees and encourage their participation.
4. To showcase the most active and talented speakers from OSD.
5. To celebrate OSD's accomplishments in a safe, off-site location (away from the Civic Center).