The San Diego Green New Deal Alliance will host a national "SealTheDeal Day of Action on Thursday.
The San Diego Green New Deal Alliance is hosting a national #SealTheDeal Day of Action, led by the national Green New Deal Network, to urge San Diego County Congressional members to pass a $3.5 trillion budget reconciliation bill that makes necessary investments in combating climate change, the green economy and justice.
The event will be held Thursday, Aug. 19 at 11 am and will include activists from the San Diego Green New Deal Alliance, community leaders and former and current elected officials.
Speakers at the event include:
- Jim Miller, American Federation of Teachers Local 1983 (emcee)
- Serge Dedina, Mayor of Imperial Beach
- Sean Elo-Rivera, City of San Diego Councilmember
- Georgette Gomez, San Diego City Council President Emeritus
- Karinna Gonzalez, Hammond Climate Solutions
- Jacob Babauta, San Diego Urban Sustainability Coalition
- Vianni Ledesma, Sunrise San Diego
- Bridger Langfur, San Diego County Democrats for Environmental Action
- Stephanie Hernandez, City Heights Community Development Corporation
- Thomas Konrad, San Diego Green New Deal Alliance
- Bertha Rodriguez, Climate Action Campaign
"As the climate crisis worsens and reports from the world’s top climate scientists continue to urge sweeping, immediate climate action, Congress passed a bipartisan infrastructure bill that fails to include necessary investments in climate and community wellbeing," wrote event organizers in a press release. "In order to address the nation’s biggest challenges, Congress must pass a robust $3.5 trillion reconciliation deal that invests in climate solutions, the care economy, jobs and justice."