Community members living with or vulnerable to HIV/AIDS are encouraged to participate.
The County of San Diego HIV Planning Group is conducting a series of focus groups to help them better serve those living with or vulnerable to HIV/AIDS. The sessions will be targeted to various sectors of the community and will begin Jan. 19.
The San Diego HIV Planning Group is a board, coordinated by the County of San Diego, that plans for the delivery of HIV services throughout the continuum of care to reduce the impact of HIV. The Planning Group is responsible for planning services for people infected and affected by HIV/AIDS in San Diego, and for allocating funding for these services under the federal Ryan White HIV/AIDS Treatment Extension Act of 2009 (RWTEA), Parts A and B.
In order to do this work better, the focus groups will ask participants about things like challenges they face accessing services, the quality of HIV support resources, counseling, and/or testing services, and how to better serve people living with or vulnerable to HIV/AIDS.
A $25 gift card will be provided to all participants.
The schedule of focus groups is below:
- Gay, Bisexual, and other MSM: Jan. 19, 6-7:30 pm
- Black HIV+ Community: Jan. 21, 6:30-8 pm
- Latinx HIV+ Community (Spanish): Jan. 26, 5:30-7 pm
- Latinx HIV+ Community (English): Jan. 27, 6:30-8 pm
- Female HIV+ Community: Feb. 3, 5:30-7 pm
- Trans/Non-Binary HIV+ Community: Feb. 4, 6-7:30 pm
- Older HIV+ Individuals (65+): Feb. 9, 5-6:30 pm
To register, e-mail email@example.com or call 619-431-3161.
A survey is also available for community members to share their thoughts. Click HERE to take the survey.